Friday, May 21, 2010

Seriously Dire - Seriously Avenging

I didn't go overboard with these guys. As per recommendations from dakka, I used a black undercoat, painted them Regal Blue, then drybrushed in two stages, first with Ultramarine Blue then with Ice Blue. Eventually I decided that a final stage of additional Ice Blue highlights was necessary. I'm not thrilled with how the helmets turned out, but in the end a simple skull white without highlights looks the most striking.





I have five more to paint, including the Exarch.

I'll need two squads of 10 in the end, mounted up in Wave Serpents. The Serpents will roll up to the bad guys and spin, the Avengers jump out and Bladestorm.

I'm a little sketchy on what they do after that. I figure it's either "high fives all around" or "horrible, unspeakable death."

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. I actually like the white helmets. I can't tell from the photo, but almost seems like the rifles need a little something. Then again, you've seen my paint jobs. ;)

    They're looking good. It will be hard to think of you fielding something other than Orks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I agree about the guns; I went back and added some detail by picking out the gems near the stock with red.

    ReplyDelete